These are some of the most Frequently Asked Questions received by Global Special Effects about our FoamMasters product line.
Click each question to view its answer.
- Is the foam slippery?
- Will it make the floor wet?
- Do our foam guests get wet?
- How long will the foam last?
- At the end of the night, what happens to the foam?
- Does the foam hurt your eyes or skin?
- What is the difference between the HDF and FG-1080?
- What is the difference between the HDF and the Value Foam?
- How much foam does 50 gallons of foam fluid produce with the Foam Cannon X-Stream and the X-Stream II foam machines?
- Who do I call if I have problems?
- How do you contain the Foam?
- What kind of events can Foam be used for?
- Does the foam hurt the lawn or trees?
- Do you need to carry any special permits to use the foam?
- Where can I get the Material Data Safety Sheets?
- Does the Foam Cannon X-Stream or the X-Stream II Foam Machine require any maintenance?
- Does FoamMasters foam solutions work in other foam machines?
No, it has the same viscosity as water. It does not have soap-like qualities.
Yes, it has water, and water will make your floor wet. Our solutions are the driest foam in the industry. If some say their foam is dry foam, it is untrue. You cannot have foam without water.
They get damp but not soaking wet. It also depends if they sit in the foam vs. stand in the foam.
It all depends on how many people play in the foam. As more people play in the foam, they break the bubbles. But usually, if foam is untouched, it can last for hours.
If you let the foam dry out, it will turn to a powder that can be swept up. It does not leave any sticky residue. Depending on the amount of water and foam you use, you can have leftover water on the floor, which can be mopped up.
The foam has hypoallergenic cosmetic grade chemicals that will not hurt your eyes or skin. Our foam solutions also have a moisturizer for the skin. It is important to note that, if the floors have been cleaned with bleach, it can react with the foam.
One gallon of HDF (High Dissolution Foam) mixes with 50 gallons of water whereas one gallon of FG-1080 mixes with 10 gallons of water. Either mixture can be used for the X-Stream Foam Cannon, but the HDF mixture is the preferred one.
The HDF or High dilution foam is much drier than the Value Foam and has more skin moisturizer. Either mixture can be used with either the Foam Cannon X-Stream or the X-Stream II Foam Machine.
How much foam does 50 gallons of foam fluid produce with the Foam Cannon X-Stream and the X-Stream II foam machines?
The Foam Cannon X-Stream's output, on average, will last about 40 minutes. The Cannon X-Stream produces 4,000 to 4,800 cubic feet of foam in 8 to 10 minutes. The X-Stream II Foam Machine, on average, will last about 50 minutes, and produces 6,000 to 8,000 cubic ft of foam in 8 to 10 minutes. Both machines have a solution consumption rate of 1.2 gallons per minute.
Yes, we have many different scents such as bubble gum, cherry, and more. Foam can also be tinted blue, green, yellow, and pink.
You can call our 24-hour tech support line at 888-391-7669. You will be able to speak to a live tech.
There are many ways to contain the foam: inflatable pits, construction of a containment area, using a dance floor or just by using a suitable grassy area.
Foam can be used at church events, children’s parties, camps, night clubs, and even fund raisers. Every one of all ages loves to play in foam.
All our foam solutions are biodegradable and do not harm any living thing.
We have been manufacturing foam for the past decade, and we have not found a city ordnance that requires any kind of permit. If you are concerned, please check with your local municipality.
You can find them on the Fluids page.
No, aside from just washing the machines, it is low to no maintenance.
Yes, our HDF does work in most hanging foam machines (like the foam dome or the foam faucet) that require a premixed solution. Our FG-1080 works in the Strong Cannon.